Why study in Germany?
One of the most excellent research and teaching methods is what makes study abroad Germany so special for students who wish to study in a European beautiful destination like Germany. When you receive degrees which are recognized at an international level, you will know the importance of studying in a destination fit for champions or those who want to explore different arenas of study and research.
Study in Germany for Indian students is best as the area of expertise you want to choose from is available in Germany which is why it is filled with world class universities and teaching staff who have modern techniques of teaching the ever growing interest of the students.
As a country Germany offers a lot of courses and multiple of them which will suit your profile. Also, this allows you to study the area of work which will help you make the right move in your career. What more there are some top and best rated universities that offer study in Germany without IELTS, making it a once in a lifetime opportunity to study here as an overseas student
Top Universities of Germany
Operating under the Bologna reform best universities in Germany ensure that the degrees given by them are internationally recognized. Like in the case of bachelors, masters or Ph.D. Studying in Germany means that you will be in the company of warm and friendly people who give you privacy as mutual respect and order are a part of their daily life.
The evaluation of these universities are based on six parameters such as academic and employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, citations per faculty (a measure of research output), international faculty ratio as well as an international student ratio. As per Germany university rankings here are the best colleges where you can study as an international student.
- Technische Universität München
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Freie Universität Berlin
- KIT, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Technische Universität Dresden
- Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Above mentioned are the best colleges in Germany that can help you get in to the course you want as well use your potential to be able to get an employment opportunity that is if you plan to stay back.
Top Courses in Germany
With study abroad Germany you will be able to be a part of the best educational infrastructure of Central-Western Europe. Studying here means that you will be exposed to a dual education system to international students. In this system of education, you get a combination of practical and theoretical education, that too in a single course.
One of the main benefits of this dual system of education is that you receive practical knowledge of the company. So much so, that at the completion of best course to study in Germany, along with a degree you are given an experience certificate.
Many from India also go there which is why they need the right guidance for courses in Germany for Indian students. Here are a top few courses you can enrol when you plan to study in Germany as an overseas student.
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Art, Music, Design
For you to study the course of study in Germany you need to be sure to fulfil the eligibility requirements of the course and university.
Career Opportunity in Germany
There are many students who as soon as they complete their education want to land up in Germany and desire to do a course which is best suitable for the profession they want to take up in the future. If there is any country in Europe that is not only looks wonderful along with providing favourable conditions for immigrants to look for jobs, then you cannot miss the name of Germany.
Being one of the most immigrant friendly countries having the largest share of immigrants who come here with promising job prospects along with ideal working conditions. A low unemployment rate of 3.1 percent coupled with employee benefits and job security.
Generous work benefits and state-mandated job protection along with some of the highest salaries in the world, is why Germany is one of the topmost destinations for working in some of the top-notch companies which is why it is best to take the guidance of Germany education consultants.
Certain professions in Germany are experiencing a deficit in skilled workers. This is inclusive of foreign jobs like qualified engineers (mechanical, automotive, electrical and building), IT specialists, health as well as social workers.
Education Cost in Germany
Your annual cost of study abroad Germany in private universities comes between a range of €10,000 and €30,000 which is why study in Germany for Indian students comes annually to 8.5 lakhs and 26 lakhs in private undergraduate studies.
The average cost of living comes between 700 – 1,000 EUR per month which also includes accommodation. Bigger cities such as Berlin, Frankfurt or Dusseldorf, cost comes to 900 – 1,500 EUR each month and for smaller cities such as Freiburg, Leipzig or Hannover it is 750 – 1,100 EUR every month.
Scholarships in Germany
Germany is a great place for international students to study and experience a new culture. Education is affordable, high-quality, and diverse. But, living and studying abroad can be expensive. Luckily, there are many scholarships available to help students pay for their expenses and focus on their studies. Some of the prominent scholarships in Germany for international students, including a scholarship for degree students, are:
- DAAD Scholarship Programs: The German Academic Exchange Service, known as DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), is a cooperative entity comprising Germany’s higher education institutions. Its purpose is to facilitate international academic exchange and collaboration. DAAD Scholarship Germany is a well-known scholarship program that provides financial support to foreign students pursuing a full-time course of study in Germany. The scholarships are available for degree-seeking students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the last 6 years with two years of work experience. Postgraduate students receive 850€/month and doctoral students receive 1,200€/month through the scholarship.
- Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships: The Heinrich Böll Foundation is one of the scholarships for Indian students in Germany that awards 1,200 scholarships annually to socially and politically engaged undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students interested in values such as ecology, democracy, human rights, and justice. This scholarship is open to all nationalities studying at state or state-recognized universities in Germany, including the scholarship for Indian students in Germany. Master’s students from outside the EU get 850€/month and extra allowances (tuition fees may apply), while those from the EU get 649€/month and 300€ for books. The scholarship lasts for the standard study period and can be extended by one semester.
- DeutschlandStipendium National Scholarship: Deutschlandstipendium gives financial aid to outstanding students globally, regardless of their nationality or income. The scholarship is funded by private organizations and the government, totaling 300€ monthly. Universities award the scholarship for two semesters and may extend it if the student meets the criteria. The scholarship also offers mentorship, networking, and internship opportunities.
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships: The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship supports high-achieving foreign students interested in politics, for postgrad, doctoral, or research programs. Preference is given to those from developing or politically transitioning countries. Funding is 850€/month for 2 years for master’s/postgrad students and 1,100€/month for 3 years for doctoral/research students. Tuition fees (up to 500€/semester) for relevant courses may be covered. The scholarship promotes intercultural dialogue and international networks to enhance relations between home countries and Germany.
- Erasmus Scholarship Programs: Erasmus is one of the scholarships in Germany that is a European Union program that supports student mobility within Europe. It offers scholarships to students who want to study or do an internship in another European country for up to 12 months, including scholarships in Germany. Most of the major universities in Germany participate in the Erasmus program and offer exchange opportunities to their students. The Erasmus scholarship covers travel costs, tuition fees (if applicable), as well as basic living costs.
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship: The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung scholarship supports social democracy through academic aid for foreign students studying in Germany with exceptional academic achievements in social sciences, politics, or humanities. Fluency in German is a must, and the scholarship is limited to 40 students per year from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Undergraduates receive 830€/month, while master’s students receive 850€/month plus health insurance.
Application Procedure for Germany Study Visa
If you want to study in Germany, you need to follow some steps to apply for your desired course and university. Here are the steps to guide you through the Germany Study Visa application process:
- Check the admission requirements: Each university has its own admission requirements, such as academic qualifications, language skills, motivation letters, etc. You should check the website of the university you are interested in and see what they expect from you.
- Register on the official website: To start the application process, you need to create an account on the official website of the university and fill in your personal and academic details. You may also need to upload some documents, such as transcripts, certificates, passport copies, etc.
- Submit the required documents and pay the fee: Depending on the university and the course, you may need to send some additional documents by post or email, such as recommendation letters, CV, portfolio, etc. You may also need to pay an application fee, which varies from university to university.
- Wait for the admission letter: After you submit your application, you need to wait for the university to review it and send you an admission letter. This may take a few weeks or months, depending on the course and the number of applicants. The admission letter will confirm your acceptance and inform you about the next steps.
- Get health insurance and arrange finances: Before you apply for a Germany student visa, you need to have a valid health insurance that covers your stay in Germany. You can choose between public or private health insurance providers. You also need to prove that you have enough financial resources to cover your living expenses in Germany. You can do this by opening a blocked account, showing a scholarship letter, or providing a sponsor’s declaration.
- Get your Germany study visa and plan your departure: If you are not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you need to apply for a Germany student visa at The embassy or consulate of Germany in your country of origin. You need to submit your admission letter, health insurance certificate, financial proof, passport, and other documents. The Germany student visa requirements may vary depending on your nationality and duration of stay. You should check the website of the German embassy or consulate for more information. The visa process may take several weeks or months, so you should apply as soon as possible. Once you get your visa, you can book your flight and accommodation in Germany.
- Enroll at the university and register at the city hall: After you arrive in Germany, you need to enroll at your university and get your student ID card. You also need to register at the local city hall (Bürgeramt) and get your residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel). You may need to show your passport, visa, admission letter, health insurance certificate, and proof of address.
Studying in Germany can be a rewarding experience if you follow these steps carefully and prepare well in advance. If you are applying for a student visa for Germany from India, you should also check the Germany student visa checklist for Indian students.
Education Model of Germany
Early Childhood Education
This section of Germany education is for children who are below 3 years of age who can then join nursery as those between 3 to 6 years attend preschool (Kindergarten/Kita).
Children who are turning 6 years of age can start their primary school in the autumn term which comes in September till 10 years.
This is for children between 11 to 17 years of age, who can choose from different German secondary schools based on academic performance, teacher recommendation, and parent choices. Here there are Gymnasium for academic kids, Realschule for intermediary students and Hauptschule for less performing students.
For those students have qualified there is Tertiary education which is higher education. Only those who have completed their secondary education in Germany or overseas are eligible for higher education in Germany.
There is a system launched by Germany called Continuing education to prepare students for them to adapt to the changing dynamics of the labour market. This education is imparted by private institutions, trade unions, chambers of industry and commerce, churches, associations, public authorities, businesses, political parties, family education centers, and vocational schools
Germany Study Visa
Germany study visa is the best route for students who have always wanted to explore the European front when it comes to education, as mostly many of them go to USA or any other countries. The Germany student visa benefits is that it permits overseas students to apply for German universities and stay back in Germany.
To get this visa you need to study in Germany as an international student. Also known as Prospective Student Visa, it is easy to apply for student visa Germany if you are looking for top class international education. Also, as compared to UK, USA, Australia the cost of education in Germany is far lower and is top class, no matter which course you enrol.
FAQ’s – Questions below
Is it essential to know German to study in Germany?
Many of the universities in Germany have German as their language of instruction, and for those students who are undertaking a German taught program will be required to show a good knowledge of the language. This can be done either through language test results or by being a part of a preparatory course.
Some of the accepted ones are DSH (German Language University Entrance Examination for International Applicants), DSD (German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Minister of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level II).
How should we apply to study in Germany?
Are any scholarships available for international students in Germany?
Can we work while we study in Germany?
Can international students apply for permanent residence?
Is a study permit required for short courses?
What are the processing times for a study permit?
How can I apply for scholarships in Germany?
What are the minimum qualifications and requirements to study in Germany?
Do I Need Health Insurance To Study in Germany?
Thank you so much!
I am quite pleased with Abhinav Consultancy’s services, particularly with Ms. Ritu Jha and Ms. Nupur. Ritu was with me from the beginning of my study permit application and endured all of my feelings. Her self-assurance and motivation have been quite beneficial to me. Then Nupur assisted me with all of the Visa processing in such a way that I didn’t have to worry about anything. Thank you to each and every one of you. Thank you, team. Abhinav
Great Consultancy for assisting on UK higher Education and Visa Process. I have found about abhinav via google search. Since my wife was looking to pursue master in UK. So We have decided to contact abhinav consultant to assist us apply for masters in UK . We were assigned with dedicated expert (Ritu Jha) from Abhinav consultant. She checked our documents and guided well with documentation process . We got the unconditional offer issued, later were routed with VISA expert ( Nupur Kapur) from abhinav. Where she assisted us applying for student priority visa along with dependents, Never thought that we will get the visa approved in 5 days. And today we have all got successful visa. Many Thanks for your assistance.
Studying abroad is a dream for many Indian students who want to pursue higher education in a foreign country. However, choosing the right study abroad program India offers can be a daunting task, as there…
Canada is a popular destination for international students who want to pursue higher education in a diverse, multicultural, and welcoming country. Whether you want to study abroad in Canada for a semester, a year, or…
As per the findings by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), the main reason why many students choose Canada as their study destination is due to the high quality of education that you get…
Canadian universities offer three levels of degree namely the bachelor’s (duration of 4 years), master’s that need one to two years for completion, as well as a doctorate (which usually takes an extra 3 years).…
Lauded as one of the best destinations for study for international students, the Maple leaf country of Canada has welcomed individuals who are interested in exploring the multicultural diversity and pursuing their higher studies in…
Studying abroad in big and popular destinations like Canada involves a lot of factors that one has to plan beforehand. One of the major aspect is the cost involving fees, living expenses and Canada student…