- Why Study in Canada
- Top Universities
- Top Courses
- Career Opportunity
- Education Cost
- Application Procedure
- Education Model
Why study in Canada?
Study in Canada – Features, opportunities & much more
Studying abroad is every student’s long-cherished dream, but when you choose to study in Canada, then your dream becomes a reality. In Canada, you can have abundant study opportunities, social benefits, a low cost of living, and study support. The quality of education in Canada is above-par-excellence with modern technology, supreme infrastructure, and better employability on a global level. The universities in Canada are renowned internationally that guarantee positive returns in the future, such as high-paying jobs, better lifestyle, immigration possibilities, and whatnot.
Why choose to study in Canada?
- Study Abroad Canada process can be achieved successfully if we follow the strict regime of proper documentation and adhere to the rule and regulations meticulously.
- The universities in Canada have affordable tuition fees and are quite reasonably priced as compared to other foreign countries. Students can also apply for a range of scholarships to cut down their educational expenses. It also makes for those who wish to study in Canada from India
- Colleges in Canada provide students an opportunity to work while studying for the course. So, students can get work exposure that will give them an added advantage in the job market.
- Studying in Canada for International students after 12th will give you the necessary drive and motivation to explore the working environment prevailing in Canada where you can build your career and your family.
- Canada is a beautiful and diverse country that offers students a great lifestyle and high-quality education. So, students can continue working in the most attractive places in the world.
- There are so many universities in Canada that are globally recognized and offer world-class education to international students in Canada. And, there are universities where you can study in Canada without IELTS
What are the Top Universities in Canada?
- University of Toronto – Currently, the University holds the Global Rank of 25th in the best universities of the world and is one of the top universities in Canada due to the improvement in quality of education
- University of British Columbia – It ranks 28th in the global ranking for academic reputation indicator embracing the technology and innovation in the academic curriculum.
- McGill University – The University has produced notable alumni such as Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, 12 Nobel Laureates, and 145 Rhodes Scholars
- Concordia University Montreal – The University located in Montreal has an open, engaged, and compassionate environment for international students. It improved in Canada University Ranking
- Simon Fraser University – One of the best institutions in Canada, it offers dynamic implementation of innovative education and cutting-edge research
- University of Waterloo – The University offers more than 100 courses in business, engineering, math, arts, science, etc.
- Western University – As one of the best Universities in Canada, it harbors students from more than 117 countries to find the perfect balance between education and opportunities
- University of Alberta – The University has a reputation for delivering excellence in sciences, humanities, engineering, business, creative arts, and health sciences.
- University of Windsor – It is a student-centric University that focuses on innovation and capital projects for comprehensive development.
- Dalhousie University – Considered as one of the best colleges in Canada, it has the impressive academic quality and a wide range of educational and research opportunities
What are the Top Courses in Canada?
- MBA – The Master of Business Administration is one the best courses in Canada, and most of the students prefer to choose this course in Canada. If you want to build a successful, then MBA is the top trending course offered by most of the best colleges in Canada.
- Computer Science & Information Technology – If you wish to build a career in the IT domain, then Canada offers a wide range of courses. The industry in the country boasts 488,000 IT professionals with diverse fields ranging from software development to information security.
- Business & Finance – As one of the best course to study in Canada, Business & Finance provides an excellent understanding of the applications of financial markets, economics, and business management. It will help you secure a suitable job as you desire.
- Core Engineering & Engineering Management – The course remains a candidate-driven field with loads of opportunities in the country. Mostly, due to the robust manufacturing presence and booming industry, engineering jobs have grown steadily and added thousands of new jobs every year.
- Biosciences, Medicine & Healthcare – The world now understands the importance of healthcare and patient care, therefore many countries accept healthcare professionals. For the long term, it can be your best courses in Canada after 12th
- Media & Journalism – With the rise of digital and social media and online marketing, there are a lot of work opportunities for skilled workers in these areas. Canada offers many courses in reputed universities.
- Psychology & Human Resources – It can be one of the best courses in Canada for Indian students for those who wish to become counseling psychologists, career advisers, industrial psychologists, and HR professionals.
What are the career opportunities you can get in Canada?
The job market for graduate professionals in Canada is one of the largest in the world. The scope is better illustrated by the fact that the top universities have reported that more than 90% of the students land on full-time jobs in Canada within six hours of completing their course. And, as per the recent study, International students after study can earn from CAD 30,000 to CAD 100,000 depending on the occupation. Below are the top trending occupations which international students find jobs in Canada easily:
- Projects Managers & Production Managers
- Doctors & Surgeons
- Human Resource Managers
- IT Analysts
- Software Developers
- Data Analysts & Scientists
- Cyber Security Engineers
- Financial Analysts
- Hospitality Management
- Finance & Accounting Professionals
- Logistics Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Business Management Consultants
You can always apply for jobs from the company websites, job portals, and LinkedIn. But, most importantly, when you are in Canada, you increase your chances of getting a job by:
- Involving in the student associations, organizations, and agencies
- Participating in the volunteering activities and programs
- Join internships, seminars, competitions, or workshops
- Start networking by meeting like industry specialists and like-minded people
What is the Education Cost and other expenses in Canada?
The cost of studying in Canada is moderately cheaper than the other developed countries. You get the value for what you pay in Canada. Moreover, you can recover tuition fees in Canada and study cost by undertaking part-time jobs in Canada. With the post-study work permit and job opportunities, you can recover all the costs of education in Canada and even earn more than you spent in Canada.
|Nature of Expenses
|Cost (CAD & INR)
|One Way Flight
|INR 50,000 to 100,000 (per head)
|CAD 10,000 (INR 5,92,000)
|Student Visa Canada Cost
|CAD 150 (INR 8,876)
|Work Permit Application
|CAD 155 (INR 9,172)
|Open Work Permit Application
|CAD 100 (INR 5,917)
|Canada University Fees – Tuition
|INR 10,00,000 to INR 30,00,000
|CAD 5,000 to CAD 10,000 (INR 3,00,000- INR 5,92,000) per annum
|CAD 80 – CAD 110 (INR 5,000 – INR 6,550) per month
|CAD 300 – CAD 800 (INR 18,000 – INR 47,500)
|CAD 300 – CAD 400 (INR 18,000 – 24,000) monthly
|CAD 750 (INR 44,500 INR) monthly
Above table will define the total cost of studying in Canada for Indian students if you plan to study in Canada in 2024.
What are the best Scholarships in Canada?
There are many scholarship in Canada that can be rewarding for International students:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship – Study in Canada scholarship amount exceeds INR 42 lakhs for those who opted for a postgraduate degree in environmental and social science or health studies
- IDRC Research Awards – It allows more than INR 9 Lakh as Travel and Research Support for Master’s or doctoral programs
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships – With massive funding of over 30 lakhs, this Canada university scholarship is granted for students with testing abilities and leadership qualities
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship – Students receive around 25 lakhs for the PhD course in Ontario, Canada
- Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship – Doctoral students, can receive more than INR 15 Lakh, whereas Post-Doctoral Students can get more than INR 21 Lakh in a Quebec University. Moreover, Master’s students studying in Quebec can also get financial assistance.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships – With active participation between Government and participating organizations, this Canada scholarship for Indian students can go up to INR 9 Lakh
- Canada-ASEAN SEED – The ASEAN students can avail the benefits by receiving more than INR 6 Lakh for the cost of the program. Additionally, more than INR 3 Lakh for Visa, flight, and health insurance. It comes under the category of fully-funded scholarships in Canada
- Canada Studies Post-Doctoral Fellowship – The students who completed their post-doctorate in Canada and couldn’t find a job, they can get more than INR 1 Lakh monthly and another 6 lakh for airfare.
- Partnership Grants by Social Science & Humanities Research Council in Canada – Students studying Ph.D. in a particular subject with a qualifying university can get more than INR 12 Lakh.
What is the Application Procedure to get Student Visa?
Below is the detailed step-by-step process to study in Canada and get an offer letter and student from the authorities:
- The first step is to get the admission or offer letter from the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
- You may need to send the Student Statement of Purpose along with your academic documents (secondary as well as post-secondary educational transcripts) to the University
- Submit proof of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of minimum amount CAD 10,000
- Proof full payment of tuition fee of the first year of study
- Prepare all the documents as per the checklist (bank statements, tuition fee receipt, offer letter, IELTS, etc.)
- Apply for a student permit under the Student Direct Stream (SDS). Again, you may need to submit another Statement of Purpose justifying your stay, the importance of studying in Canada, and other important factors.
- Undergo a medical examination for the application
- Biometric or Interview and approval of Student Visa
Upon completing the above process, it is not guaranteed to receive the Canada Student Visa. Your application may get refused on several factors such as intention to stay, financial incompetency, incomplete documents, or other factors. At that moment, it is better to hire a trusted Study Abroad Consultant who can work on the refusal application successfully and help you receive the visa.
What is the Education Model in Canada?
The education model or system in Canada is divided into four levels:
- Pre-elementary – The level mainly targets the young children who are aged between 4 to 5 years as a kindergarten education model.
- Primary Education (Elementary) – The primary education is compulsory in Canada for kids aged between 6 to 12 years. There are total Grades under this level:
- Grade 1 – Age (6 to 7)
- Grade 2 – Age (7 to 8)
- Grade 3 – Age (8 to 9)
- Grade 4 – Age (9 to 10)
- Grade 5 – Age (10 to 11)
- Grade 6 – Age (11 to 12)
- Secondary Education (Elementary) – Secondary education in Canada consists of two sections – Junior High School and High School. The junior high school consists of Grade 7 and 8, whereas high school has grades 9 to 12.
- Post-Secondary Education – Students go to colleges, universities, vocational schools, or apprenticeships under this level. Students begin with Bachelor’s degree then ascend to a Master’s and other professional courses.
Which visa to choose for study in Canada?
Indian students must choose the Student Direct Stream to attain Canada Student Visa. The program is only available for the residents of Antigua and Barbuda, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and Vietnam.
The study permit Canada under this stream can be done upon meeting the program requirements such as Offer letter, GIC, Tuition Fees, Medical Exam, Police Character Certificate, IELTS, and other documents. The Canada student visa processing time under this stream is one of the fastest processes, which takes only 20 calendar days for the entire decision process.
You can apply for study permit Canada under the Student Direct Stream with the straight forward process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much does it cost to study in Canada?
Can international students work while studying in Canada?
Can international students apply for permanent residence?
Are any scholarships offered to international students in Canada?
What is the procedure to study in Canada?
What are the processing times for a study permit?
Is a study permit required for short courses?
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Study Permits?
Do I Need IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF Exams for Canadian Study Permits?
Do I Need Health Insurance to Study in Canada?
Thank you so much!
I am quite pleased with Abhinav Consultancy’s services, particularly with Ms. Ritu Jha and Ms. Nupur. Ritu was with me from the beginning of my study permit application and endured all of my feelings. Her self-assurance and motivation have been quite beneficial to me. Then Nupur assisted me with all of the Visa processing in such a way that I didn’t have to worry about anything. Thank you to each and every one of you. Thank you, team. Abhinav
Great Consultancy for assisting on UK higher Education and Visa Process. I have found about abhinav via google search. Since my wife was looking to pursue master in UK. So We have decided to contact abhinav consultant to assist us apply for masters in UK . We were assigned with dedicated expert (Ritu Jha) from Abhinav consultant. She checked our documents and guided well with documentation process . We got the unconditional offer issued, later were routed with VISA expert ( Nupur Kapur) from abhinav. Where she assisted us applying for student priority visa along with dependents, Never thought that we will get the visa approved in 5 days. And today we have all got successful visa. Many Thanks for your assistance.
Studying abroad is a dream for many Indian students who want to pursue higher education in a foreign country. However, choosing the right study abroad program India offers can be a daunting task, as there…
Canada is a popular destination for international students who want to pursue higher education in a diverse, multicultural, and welcoming country. Whether you want to study abroad in Canada for a semester, a year, or…
As per the findings by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), the main reason why many students choose Canada as their study destination is due to the high quality of education that you get…
Canadian universities offer three levels of degree namely the bachelor’s (duration of 4 years), master’s that need one to two years for completion, as well as a doctorate (which usually takes an extra 3 years).…
Lauded as one of the best destinations for study for international students, the Maple leaf country of Canada has welcomed individuals who are interested in exploring the multicultural diversity and pursuing their higher studies in…
Studying abroad in big and popular destinations like Canada involves a lot of factors that one has to plan beforehand. One of the major aspect is the cost involving fees, living expenses and Canada student…