If you have attained graduation or post-graduation qualifications from New Zealand, you can apply for the New Zealand work visa to pursue your professional career in NZ.
- LENGTH OF STAY- 1, 2 or 3 years
- You can:
1.Work for an employer.
2.Work for any job in New Zealand.
- Things to note:
1.You will be eligible to apply for this visa once you complete the second higher qualification at bachelor’s degree level or higher.
2.Under the program, you cannot provide commercial services or invest in a business.
If you have studied in Auckland
You have a Level 7 qualification or higher:
- Upon completion of the Level 7 Bachelor’s degree or higher, you are eligible to apply for a Post-study work visa for the duration of 3 years.
- Upon attaining the Level 7 Graduate Diploma, you can further apply for a Post-study work visa for the duration of 1 year.
If you studied outside Auckland
- If you have completed an acceptable qualification from the university outside the region of Auckland before 31st Dec 2021, then you can apply for a Post-study work visa for 2 or 3 years.
- If the qualification is attained after 31st Dec 2021, then the duration of your visa will be the same as the students who studied in Auckland.
Your qualification is at Level 4, 5 or 6
If you have completed 1 or more acceptable qualifications at Levels 4 to 6:
- On or prior 31st Dec 2021, you can apply for work Visa in New Zealand for 2 years duration.
- After 31st Dec 2021, you can apply for the work visa in New Zealand for 1 year duration.
If you want to work for longer
If you aspire to stay longer, then you can further apply for another Post-study work visa, only if you have completed another qualification in New Zealand that:
- you studied for 30 weeks or more
- bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification, and
- At a higher level than the attained qualification used for your previous visa.