Most of the international students in Germany wish to stay back after completion of their studies to gain some valuable work experience. However, recent overseas graduates are required to apply for a residence permit to search for jobs. The permit is only valid for 18 months.
German Residence Permit for Work after Study in Germany – Step 1
- To search and apply for a job, students must apply for a valid residence permit in the final year of their studies.
- The resident permit allows students to extend their stay in Germany and look for employment opportunities that align with their qualifications.
- Candidates can apply for the permit by visiting their local immigration office which will process their request of issuing the German residence permit.German Residence Permit Validity:
- As per the Immigration Laws in Germany, the validity of a Residence Permit is only for 18 months.
German Residence Permit for Work after Study in Germany – Step 2
- If you are from a non-EU/EEA country, then you’ll need a German work permit to live and work in Germany post your studies. The permit is for those students who already have a job offer from a German employer in their preferred domain.
- Once a student gets a job offer, he/she becomes eligible to apply for either of the following:
- German residence permit
- EU Blue Card