In Singapore, a student pass is the term used for a student visa, and educational institutions in the country are commonly referred to as Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL). As an international student in Singapore, intending to attend any academic program lasting more than 30 days, you must apply for this Singapore student pass. The application for your visa or pass is lodged through the Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration (SOLAR) system, which serves as the official registration platform for the country.
Singapore Study Visa Requirements
To become eligible for a Singapore Study Visa, you’ve to submit the following documents:
- Your current passport, with a minimum validity of three months.
- Primary application forms for student visas, including Form 16 (the principal application form for the Student Visa) and Form V36 (providing supplementary information about the applicant).
- The original receipt showing the proof of the payment of the visa application fees.
- Your bank statements prove your capability to fund your education in Singapore. Supporting your education encompasses covering both tuition fees and the cost of living in Singapore.
- If you have applied for a student loan, please provide evidence of the bank loan sanction letter.
- Proof of investments if any.
- Academic documents such as degrees, diplomas, and certificates, along with transcripts from your school.
- GMAT/GRE/IELTS/TOEFL or PTE scores as required by the college you have chosen.
Singapore Student Visa Process
A student needs an offer letter from one of the 34 IHLs before applying for a Singapore student visa. The process for obtaining a Student Visa to study in Singapore is quite simple after that. As previously indicated, the Singapore student visa application must be submitted through the SOLAR platform after your institution has updated and registered your information with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). To finish the application process, you can adhere to the subsequent steps:
- Upon receiving the SOLAR application number, navigate to the ICA website and input basic details such as the application number, name, gender, nationality, date of birth, etc.
- Choose the e-form 16 and complete the required information, including passport details, contact information, and residential address in Singapore.
- Submit the completed Singapore student visa application form, accompanied by a recent passport-sized color photograph.
Note that specific guidelines for the photograph must be adhered to, so ensure compliance with all provided instructions.
- Settle the application fee after the form has been filled out.
- Students will obtain an ‘In-Principle Approval’ (IPA) along with the approval of their application. You need to show the In-Principle Approval (IPA) document to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers during the application process.
Typical Processing Time for the Singapore Study Visa
The processing time for your Singapore study visa application is usually within 10 business days. However, it’s important to note that if you apply in July or August, the processing time may be extended due to the high demand, as this period coincides with the resumption of courses at many universities in Singapore.
For more information on your student visa to study in Singapore, connect with our top consultant at +91-8595338595 or email us at email@example.com.