New Zealand is a favored option among Indian students seeking to pursue advanced education overseas. The country offers a high-quality education system, a diverse and multicultural society, and a stunning natural environment. However, studying in New Zealand can also be expensive, especially for international students who have to pay higher tuition fees and living costs than domestic students. That’s why scholarships for Indian students to study in New Zealand are a great option for those who want to achieve their academic goals without breaking the bank.
Fortunately, there are many scholarships available for Indian students who want to study in New Zealand. These scholarships can help reduce the financial burden and make your dream of studying in Kiwi land come true.
Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study
There are different types of scholarships for Indian students to study in New Zealand, such as government scholarships, university scholarships, and private scholarships. Some of them are based on academic merit, while others consider factors such as leadership potential, area of study, or country of origin. Here are some of the most popular and prestigious scholarships for Indian students to study in New Zealand:
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS): Funded by the New Zealand government, NZIDRS is available for Indian students who aspire to pursue a Ph.D. in New Zealand. The scholarships cover university tuition fees, associated student levies, living stipends (up to NZ$25,000 tax-free), and health insurance coverage (up to NZ$600 annually) for three years.
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships: These scholarships are offered by the New Zealand government in partnership with the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP). They are for Indian students who want to pursue a master’s or Ph.D. degree in New Zealand. The scholarships encompass complete tuition fees, a living allowance (of NZ$491 weekly), an establishment allowance (of NZ$3000), medical insurance, travel expenses, and the costs incurred in research and thesis writing.
Note: If you want to boost your career prospects in Singapore, it is recommended to understand the education in Singapore and available scholarships.
- New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA): These scholarships are jointly funded by Education New Zealand (ENZ) and eight New Zealand universities: Auckland University of Technology, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Canterbury, University of Auckland, University of Waikato, University of Otago, and Victoria University of Wellington. They are for Indian students who want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in one of these universities. The scholarships provide NZ$10,000 towards the first year of study.
- New Zealand International Undergraduate Fees Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the University of Waikato and is for Indian students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree at the university. The scholarship covers the full international student tuition fee for up to four years.
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS): This scholarship is offered by the University of Otago and is for Indian students who want to pursue a Ph.D. at the university. The scholarship covers the full international student tuition fee for up to three years plus a stipend of NZ$27,000 per year.
- H.T. Bates Postgraduate Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Royal Society Te Apārangi and is for Indian students who want to pursue a Ph.D. in physical sciences or engineering at a New Zealand university. The scholarship provides NZ$6,000 per year for up to three years.
For more information, contact our study overseas consultants either via phone at 8595338595 or by email at email@example.com.