Germany is one of the most popular destinations for international students, especially for those from India. Germany offers high-quality education, affordable tuition fees, and a rich cultural and historical heritage. If you are an Indian student who wants to study in Germany, you will need to apply for a Germany student visa for Indian students, which is also known as a national visa or a D visa. This visa allows you to enter Germany and apply for a residence permit, which will let you stay in Germany for the duration of your studies.
Requirements for a German Student Visa from India
To apply for a Germany student visa for Indian students, you will need:
- A valid Indian passport with two empty pages and one year of validity
- Two copies of your passport bio page in A4 format
- Two filled and signed visa application forms and declaration forms
- Three biometric visa photos as per German specifications
- A letter of acceptance from a German institution with the language of instruction. Original and two copies
- A proof of language proficiency at B2 level or higher, unless confirmed by the acceptance letter. Original and two copies
- Your academic certificates and qualifications that show your eligibility for the program. Original and two copies
- An APS certificate that verifies your academic credentials
- Your resume or CV that shows your education and work history
- A proof of financial means to cover your living costs in Germany. This can be:
- A blocked bank account with at least 10,332 euros per year or 861 euros per month
- A scholarship letter that confirms your full or partial scholarship from a recognized source
- A letter from a sponsor in Germany that guarantees to cover your costs
- A travel health insurance that covers your medical expenses in Germany for at least three months or until
Note: The German embassy or consulate may ask for additional documents if they deem necessary.
What Is The Cost Of Studying In Germany?
The cost of studying in Germany depends on several factors, such as:
- The type of university: Public universities are mostly free for most degree programs, except in Baden-Württemberg where non-EU students have to pay 1,500 euros per semester. Private universities may charge higher tuition fees, ranging from 3,000 to 17,000 euros per year.
- The type of program: Some continuing education or specialized master’s programs may charge tuition fees even in public universities. These fees vary depending on the program and the university.
- The semester contribution: All students have to pay a small fee of around 300 to 500 euros per semester for student services and public transport.
- The living expenses: The cost of living in Germany depends on the city, the accommodation type, and the lifestyle of the student. On average, students need around 934 euros per month or 11,208 euros per year for living expenses. This amount also serves as proof of financial resources for getting a study visa for Germany.
What Are The Benefits Of Studying In Germany As An Indian Students?
The benefits of Studying in Germany as an Indian student are eye-opening, such as:
- Saving money on tuition fees: Most public universities are free for most degrees. You only pay a small fee for student services and transport. Some private or continuing education programs may charge fees.
- Accessing a world-class education: Germany has high-quality teaching, facilities, curricula, and research. You will gain valuable skills and competencies for the global market.
- Choosing from a wide range of courses: Germany has over 400 universities with more than 20,000 programs in various fields. You can find a course that fits your interests and goals. You can also pick different types of universities.
- Studying every subject in English: You can study in Germany without knowing German. There are many programs that are taught in English or partly in English.
For more information, contact our study abroad consultants at +91-8595338595 or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.